JEANNIE'S CUSTOM MEDITATION CD'S

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Guided Imagery for Cancer Patients

A GUIDED MEDITATION TO TURN OFF STRESS HORMONES AND HEAL YOUR BODY

Guided Imagery for Cancer Patients


The mind-body connection is a major factor in healing from cancer. Don't underestimate its importance in your recovery! As soon as you receive a cancer diagnosis, your mind becomes overwhelmed by scary thoughts that produce strong stress hormones. Cortisol and adrenaline pump through your veins and suppress the function of your immune system at the very time you need it most. Unless you learn how to turn off these stress hormones, you leave yourself vulnerable to the spread of disease. When I was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive cancer, I knew I had to find a way to calm myself down and be able to breathe again.

In 2008, I was diagnosed with uterine leiomyosarcoma. I was told that I had a 50% chance of living two years, and a 20% chance of living five years. That's enough to scare anybody! Well, it has been almost six years now, and I am completely healthy with absolutely no recurrence of the disease. My doctor says, "Remarkable! You're remarkable! You give me hope. Keep doing what you are doing." Part of my healing protocol has been to do guided imagery and meditation every single day. I knew from the start that my mind was the battlefront, because every part of our being, including our cells, sympathizes or responds to the positive and negative states of our minds. For this reason, when we are diagnosed with cancer, we must find a way to alleviate mental and emotional stress in order to allow our mind to be free to instruct the body to heal itself.

Stress produces hormones that can sabotage your entire healing program by interfering with the function of your natural killer cells, the ones that identify cancer cells and mark them for destruction. Your body chemistry reacts dramatically to your thoughts and your emotions. You may experience trouble sleeping, feel sick to your stomach, have difficulty thinking clearly, and suffer debilitating fatigue. Many health problems, especially cancer, do not permanently clear up unless the mental aspect is also addressed. The mind-body connection is powerful, and just as surely as your mind can make your body sick, it can make your body well. 

Listening to a guided meditation can shut off the mental chatter in your mind, bringing you to a place of peace and tranquility. It has the ability to reach deep into your subconscious and change your body's chemistry, stopping the release of stress hormones and lowering the level of cortisol in your blood. There are many nice recordings on the market - in fact, I own most of them - but I found that none of them had everything I was looking for in one place. So I decided to produce my own guided meditations beginning with the first one entitled De-Stress and Relax with Jeannie.


De-Stress and Relax with Jeannie is specifically designed to turn off stress hormones and restore your sense of well-being. Whether you are newly diagnosed, or on a lifelong journey to stay in remission, this first CD (audio download) will be invaluable to your recovery. It will teach you how to turn off the negative mental chatter that is so detrimental to your healing, and focus on the present moment, which is the practice of mindfulness*. The soothing sounds of ocean waves and beautiful meditative music send a signal to your brain that it is time to relax and heal.This is your time now, a time to let go of stress, anxiety, worry, depression, anger, resentment or fear. The more often you listen, the faster your body will enter the state of total relaxation and inner stillness, activating your immune system and releasing dysfunctional energy. You will empower yourself by learning to use your mind as a formidable force to make you well.


De-Stress and Relax with Jeannie will help you:

  • Reduce the Fear of a Cancer Diagnosis
  • Turn Off Stress Hormones
  • Lower the Levels of Cortisol and Adrenaline in Your Blood
  • Enter a State of Deep Physical and Mental Relaxation
  • Control Anxious Thoughts
  • Enter the Place Where Mind Speaks to Body
  • Manage Stress Levels During Treatments, Scans and Doctor's Appointments
  • Prepare You For the Next CD on Mind-Body Healing
Click the Link Above to go to De-Stress and Relax Video on You Tube

 Blessings and healing energy to you! ~ Jeannie
*According to a long-term, control-group study by the University of California at Davis, mindfulness has the ability to STOP the release of stress hormones and lower the level of cortisol in the blood (Saron). 

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Jeannie, Thank you so much for making this guided imagery CD. I've been following your blog for several years and am doing many of the things that you are doing. I tried some of the other CD's that you recommended, but I have to say yours is the best, I could actually feel the stress draining from my body. Please post more often and let us know how you are doing. You are an inspiration in a dark place!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patricia! I love the way you describe actually being able to FEEL the stress draining out your body. Those are your stress hormones turning down the adrenaline and cortisol. Wishing you peace and insight on your healing journey, ~Jeannie

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.

Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Cheers!


my webpage - win back her love (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Self-help_books)

Anonymous said...

How annoying! This is all I know - probably what you already know, too: 1. Sign in to Blogger; 2. Click the gear on the top right of your Blogger dashboard; 3. Select the Edit User setting; 4. Uncheck the box next to Feature Announcements; 5. Click Save. If that isn't working, it is a glitch with Blogger. I don't have the ability to change someone else's account settings - hope you can fix it!!! Healing energy, Jeannie