Juicing is the most efficient way to nourish the body at cellular level. Consuming a vegetable or barley juice drink on an hourly basis will provide the body with powerful nutrition in an easy to assimilate form. These 12, hourly juices provide the body with a broad spectrum of naturally occurring vitamins, minerals and trace elements often missing from our foods, that the body uses to rebuild the body’s self healing ability.
BreakfastBefore eating anything, take one serving of BarleyMax. You may take the powder dry, allowing it to dissolve in the mouth or by mixing it with a few ounces of purified water or fresh vegetable or fruit juice. I like to combine a heaping tablespoon of BarleyMax Mint in a large shaker of ice water. Begin the hourly juice regime:
- Start with barley juice powder at 7:00 a.m.
- Then a fresh pressed carrot juice at 8:00 a.m.
- Have another barley juice powder at 9:00 a.m.
- Alternate the two juices every other hour, skipping at lunch and dinner
Mid-MorningDrink an 8 oz glass of fresh vegetable juice. Hallelujah Acres recommends two-thirds carrot and one-third greens. I personally like to juice a pitcher of carrots with a few stalks of dandelion greens or kale leaves, a pinch of ginger and a quarter of an organic apple.
If you did not have any fiber food for breakfast, a green smoothie is an excellent way to take ground flax seed or B-Flax-D. In a Vita-mix blender, combine 1 cup cold water, 1/3 frozen banana, 1 heaping teaspoon BarleyMax Berry flavor, and a fistful of organic parsley. The parsley added to this green shake tastes great and is a great diuretic that flushes out toxins from the body. (Don't try this in a regular blender - a Vita-mix is a powerful blender that can pulverize the stalks of parsley.)
For those who need to stabilize blood sugar, or keep hunger under control and support body weight, some celery sticks, broccoli, or cauliflower florets, etc., spread with raw, organic almond butter can be consumed.
LunchAt least 20 minutes before lunch, have another serving of BarleyMax, as at breakfast.
If fruit has been consumed during the morning hours, have a vegetable salad. Too much fruit in a day is not advised, and though the sugar is natural, too much sugar can cause problems when you have cancer. (Fruits cleanse the body, while vegetables feed the body.) While it is preferable to keep the lunch meal raw, a little cooked food at noon is fine, especially if you want to maintain weight. A whole grain pita pocket filled with veggies is a good option.
Mid-AfternoonContinue alternating BarleyMax and vegetable juices.
DinnerAt least 20 minutes before dinner, have another serving of BarleyMax. Then have a LARGE green salad of spinach and leaf lettuce (never head lettuce as it has very little nutritional value) along with a variety of vegetables, including some avocado or ground seeds or nuts.
After the salad comes the cooked food portion. This could be steamed veggies, baked sweet potato, whole grains, whole grain pasta with organic marinara sauce, squash (baked or steamed), or beans.
EveningContinue sipping BarleyMax until bedtime.
It's okay to be flexible; just remember the basics:
- Keep 85% of your menu as raw, plant-based foods
- Ensure that no more than 15% of your daily intake is cooked or processed plant-based foods
- Alternate BarleyMax and fresh pressed carrot-based vegetable juices throughout the entire day
- Foods to Include: Organic vegetables with the exception starchy vegetables such as regular potatoes and corn; Ezekiel flourless sprouted breads, rolls, and tortillas; Fresh, organic, low-glycemic fruits such as berries, citrus fruits, melons, papaya, avocado, stone fruits and apples; Raw, organic nuts such as walnuts and almonds.
Foods to Avoid: Sugar and sweeteners, goods made with flour, high glycemic fruits, dairy, meat, eggs, fish, soy, processed foods, caffeine, soda,trans fats, hydrogenated oils, roasted nuts.
If you are fighting cancer, in addition to aggressive juicing, the following supplements are a basic foundation to support the body’s self-healing:
- Using a good probiotic supplement aggressively for 3 to 4 weeks by taking up to 24 billion CFUs three to four times daily to help in rebuilding a healthy balance of intestinal flora. Afterwards, many choose to continue a maintenance serving of 1 to 2 capsules daily.
- Using a good digestive enzyme with each juice and 2 to 4 with each meal for the first 3 to 4 weeks to maximize the absorption of nutrients from foods so that the body receives the most nutrition available from these foods.
- The use of curcumin, the biologically active extract of the turmeric spice, can help supply the body with an abundance of free radical fighting nutrients.
- Iodine supplementation to support the thyroid and the immune system.
- When following a plant-based diet, it is important to insure that a good source of essential fats is available. Taking 1 to 2 tablespoons of flax seed oil or Carlson's Fish Oil will help meet the essential fat needs of the body. High Omega-3 oil aids in the metabolizing of hormones which can have a positive impact if your tumor is hormone positive.
- It is also important to avoid a B12 deficiency by taking a sublingual B12 supplement (the active methylcobalamin form).
- As the body begins cleansing it is important that the toxins are eliminated timely and efficiently through optimal bowel function (2 to 3 well-formed stools daily). A good fiber supplement may be helpful in achieving optimal bowel function.
- Stress can have a detrimental impact on the body’s ability to heal; stress should be eliminated.
- Ample amounts of sunshine are important for optimal production of vitamin D. If adequate sunshine is not possible, a vitamin D3 supplement can help meet the body’s need for vitamin D. It is wise to have vitamin D levels tested prior to supplementation.